Within its constitution, its purpose is to grow the game of softball through equitable and inclusive practices that provide opportunities for participation at all levels.
The organisation is managed by up to eight board members and has currently two full time staff and two part-time staff.
A number of key volunteer roles and sub-committees also report to the Board. These include:
- State Director of Coaching
- State Director of Umpiring
- State Director of Scoring
- Finance Audit and Risk Committee
- Governance Committee
- Participation and Competitions Committee
- Meritorious Awards Committee
- Talent Development Committee
The primary responsibilities of Softball WA include:
- Promote and advance the sport of softball in WA
- Manage WA State Teams
- Train coaches, umpires and scorers
- Provide assistance to associations and clubs with management issues
- Represent the sport in the public forum.
- Manage and operate the Mirrabooka International Softball Stadium
Softball WA has a number of key partners that align with its purpose and primary responsibilities. These include:
- Department of Sport and Recreation – WA
- Newcrest Mining Limited
- Edith Cowan University
- Fielders Choice