Job and Volunteer Opportunities
Member Services Officer
Softball WA is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Member Services Officer to join its team. The Member Services Officer will be the first point of contact for our affiliated clubs and associations.
Primary responsibilities and activities for this role includes:
- Assisting affiliates with general Softball WA enquiries
- Providing guidance ad advice to affiliates using the Sports TG registration, competition and online payments system.
- Financial administration including raising invoices, counting monies, preparing floats, reconciling income and following up debtors.
- Providing support to ‘off-field’ State Team activities as directed by the Sport Development and Operations Manager
- Online communication through distribution of a monthly member newsletter, website news updates and social media posts.
- Provide support in the delivery of Softball WA key events.
This role is a part-time position 25 hours per week based at the Mirrabooka International Softball Stadium. Softball WA intends for the preferred applicant to commence on 4 December 2017.
On offer is:
- A cash salary of $30,000 per annum; plus:
- 5% superannuation
- Four weeks of annual leave (pro-rata), with loading at $17.5%
- Contract until 30 June 2018 (possibility of extension, subject to funding)
This role offers some flexibility within working hours, however throughout various times of the year (events), weekend and evening work will be required. Time in lieu is offered for additional hours worked.
For more information, please read the Position Description.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and covering letter of no more than two (2) pages. The covering letter should address the following three questions:
- What experience do you have in organizing events and key skills are required?
- Outline a situation or a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer or a conflicting situation, and how did you deal with it?
- What personal attributes and values would you bring to Softball WA and the Member Services Officer role?
Applications will only be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at 5pm, Monday 20 November 2017.
For further information, or a confidential discussion, please contact Softball WA Sports Development and Operations Manager on (08) 6181 3903.
Sporting Schools Program Deliverer
Softball WA is seeking enthusiastic & energetic people from Clubs or Associations who have a Level 1 or a Softball Community Coaching Accreditation/ These people will be used to facilitate clinics to Primary Schools before/during and/or after school hours through the Sporting Schools Program using the national Softball batter Up Program. For more information please click on the link below.