Softball WA would like to reassure all our members that we are continually monitoring updates regarding COVID-19 and the health and well being of all our members, volunteers and supporters is of primary concern to us.
At this stage, there is no change to our finals program, but we do ask that you take the necessary precautions to keep yourself and others safe.
If any of your members have returned from International holidays your directive to them is to self-isolate and not attend training, games or club events for two weeks.
Other measures to take at softball include:
- Avoid being stagnant in a crowd (i.e. a grandstand).
- Open spaces are recommended and remember to keep your distance from others whenever possible.
- Avoid unnecessary contact such as shaking hands, high fives and hugging.
- Use anti-bacterial wipes on equipment.
- Ideally, use only your own equipment and do not share drink bottles or towels.
- Wash your hands before and after competing.
If you become unwell and think you may have symptoms of coronavirus, contact your doctor immediately. Advise them of your symptoms and situation over the phone so they can advise you accordingly.
If you test positive to contracting the virus, it is important you follow all medical advice and contact your club and Softball WA immediately. SWA is contactable on 61813900 or email@example.com.
Softball WA will continue to work with The Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries who are working closely with the Department of the Premier and Cabinet and the Department of Health and share information as it comes to hand.